Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SL mimics RL.....or does it? lol

Yes, there are times that RL mimics SL and vice versa, at least that is my experience. On this particular post, I had a homework assignment where I had to find an outfit/styling from my favorite RL designer's runway show. The year of the runway show didn't matter, so I found myself scouring the archives of my favorite one :).

Well, I found the photo I wanted to use for this particular assignment and I wont tell you who the designer is yet but I will tell you it is from a 2010 runway show. This particular outfit was something that I felt that I would wear in RL but the skirt would definitely push me out of my comfort zone. Usually, in RL I stick to earth tones and more neutral shades that don't bring attention to myself. The RL skirt was what caught my eye, due to its beautiful color and the pattern. 


See what I mean!? lol The skirt is what sold me on this outfit. So anyway, I decided to take this outfit and mimic it in SL. Believe me, it was easier said than done....lol...by a long shot.  The skirt I ended up creating myself the old fashioned way. As my friend refers to them as "painted on" clothes lol and a prim skirt attachment. I decided to create the skirt  myself because 1) I couldn't find anything on SL with the same texture/pattern (or anything close) and 2) the skirts that I did find were mostly mini-skirts or micro minis. 

If I were to re-do this outfit, I definitely would have attempted to create the same skirt in mesh, but other than that, I LOVE this outfit the way it is!

Not every piece is an identical match, but I wanted to put my own flair with it. Ok, so who is the designer? Did you try to guess? Well this outfit is from the 2010 runway collection that belongs to Tommy Hilfiger :) . Yes, I am a Tommy Hilfiger fan and love his casual looks. If you are unfamiliar with his designs, definitely check him out! Challenge yourself to mimic RL as well, it was definitely fun and challenging!!


~APPEARANCE~
SKIN: Lara Hurley-Ava natural lips, dark
SHAPE: Sorry, its a custom shape by Kim Rongyu
EYES: IKON - IKON 'Sunrise' Eyes - Brown (M)
LASHES: *GA* Mesh Lashes Felicia
HAIR: ""D!va"" Hair "Flora" (Type A)(Citrine)
MAKEUP: Blacklace Beauty Smokey Eyeshadow 7
Blacklace Beauty Candy Lips Rose 
FINGERNAILS:  Candy Nail #P000 Basic French Nails Black
 
~OUTFIT~
SKIRT: Soul Designs Orange Brocade Skirt,(I am the creator), Marketplace only
VEST: [R3] Neve Vest [V1]
SHIRT: Nyte'N'Day - Token Sweater Complete - Brown
STOCKINGS:  erratic / patterned stockings - plain / black
SHOES: MJ - Black :: BackSocks
 
~ACCESSORIES~
BELT:  Valdis Refashion, Womens Belts Small FAT PACK
CLUTCH: AUSHKA&CO-Oslo-R-Black
 
~POSES~
In-Pose! AP Annie Purse 2, Trinity Graves

No comments:

Post a Comment