Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Day In The Life.....

Lately it seems that people feel the need to talk about what I do and don't do, something about NOT finishing projects. Which I find this all quite ironic since any one that really knows me, knows I work like crazy.....all the time.

I will admit that I appear to job "hop" here in world, but when I leave a place of employment, there is a reason....whether it be my health at the time, or something I see that can't be fixed, or my brain finally realizes that I am working too hard for little reward and my favorite is leaving a job because the person I work for is just plain rude, uncaring about their staff and customers. Now if you view this as "unfinished projects" well I guess that is your interpretation, but don't judge me until you walk a mile in my shoes.

A typical day for me is waking up after about 5 hours (on an average GOOD day) of sleep, letting my dogs out, etc....taking my morning medication cocktail, shower, etc. Then, I log on to my tower AND my laptop. Yes, I am juggling two computers most days.

Now, I am going to use today as an average sample of my day.....This morning I awoke, got ready and had to get on the bus and head to the doctor's lab for bloodwork, then back on the bus and this time going to the pharmacy. At the pharmacy I not only picked up meds but I was able to get a flu shot (yay!! Go me).




After waiting almost an hour for the bus, I headed home. Got home, finally got a drink, again dealt with my four legged children, folded laundry, started a load of clothes, and put the clean clothes away. At this point it's approximately noon in my RL and I can sit down to log in to SL.

Now, its about noon maybe a little after and I have until 1 pm to do something....so I decide to style clothes so I can photograph them for blogging tomorrow or this weekend. As I style, I am also dealing with several incoming IMs on both Facebook and SL. When 1 pm rolls around I change clothes and head to my first stop for the day (a pose stand). I stand for about an hour but that hour is still busy,  not only greeting customers but I am working on my laptop, getting pics done for a special project in the future.

After the first hour on a pose stand, I move to my second pose stand for another hour, and then another one for two hours and my last pose stand for the day, could be two hours but I am only doing one today. Usually, I do two hours to fill in the slot but on this particular day I have three photography sessions to complete (as a photographer) and I booked the clients back to back so I would have more time for me in the evening.

Let's remember that by the time my appointments begin I have already completed 5 hours on pose stands which means that in addition to helping and greeting customers, I am answering IMs, working in photoshop for my own designs (apparel and nails) as well as getting up and down to let my chihuahuas outside to potty (small bladders).

Oh and lets not forget that I am working on photos maybe taken from the day before, or I am blogging or working on my own designs while on a pose stand. I am a great multi-tasker! At this point of my day it's maybe 5 pm and I am just gearing up for more. I may be logged in but sometimes I will admit I am not there. May I am in the kitchen, cooking or cleaning, or I am in the utility room doing the laundry.


Why am I posting all this? Well my point is this, there is never a moment in my day that I am not working. Whether it is my stuff, or working on a pose stand.....one thing is ALWAYS clear--I keep busy! I am not frivolous as some would like to believe and if they think that, I want them to stay with me all day long and keep up with what I do.

The outfit that I am wearing does just that! It can keep up with me whether I am going out shopping with friends, hanging around the house, or going to a club for the night. The set includes the awesome heels AND every piece on this dress is customizable with the included HUD....even the laces! There is so much detail in this dress and the shoes! Make sure you head over to Penumbra Fashion Week to get yours!

I really loved playing with the different color combinations on this outfit, literally every piece, laces, bra, bodice, even both skirts can all be changed!  These are available at Penumbra Fashion Week so you only have limited time, however beginning September 21st you can but it in the main store.Do you really want to wait? I think not.

The other fashion outfits that are going to be in the fashion show, can be viewed on Sunday, the 21st at 1 pm SLT. I hope to see you there because I love to watch shows that I am able to attend!





APPEARANCE:
EYESIKON Hope Eyes - Blush (New from IKON)
HAIRenVOGUE HAIR - Anabelle
MAKEUPBlacklace Beauty Candy Lips 
Blacklace Beauty Exotica Eyeshadow 


 OUTFIT:
DRESS[nn] Alani Dress , [nn] Alani Bra (ONLY available at Penumbra Fashion Week)
SHOES[nn] Alani Shoes


 ACCESSORIES:
SLINK NAIL COLOR:  beauty by alaskametro<3 Slink manicure/pedicure - Diva/Silver


POSES:
Apple Spice - Blogger Pose 005
Apple Spice - Fashion Pose 016 (used for shoes)
Apple Spice - Blogger Pose 004 (used for nails)

SIM:

If you'd like to see the photos in a higher resolution, please visit my FLICKR page.

No comments:

Post a Comment