Friday, October 25, 2013

How do you take it?

Today I was the recipient of something that meant a lot to me....a compliment. It wasn't just the words, it wasn't the tone or inflection, but rather it was the person that spoke the compliment that meant the most. Let me back up a little....

As a little girl, compliments were never something that came easily or if they came, they weren't really compliments. The kind of compliments that had "constructive criticism" tagged in the same breath. We have all had them or given them "Oh, you look great, but your dress is too short" or "Your hair is gorgeous long like that, do you think it would be prettier with a ribbon?" I don't think we mean anything by it, or maybe some do and some don't. Anyway....those compliments came often throughout my childhood, which meant that I grew up with a complex about how good I was and if I measured up.

Now that I am over 30 (being generous here lol), it is easy to see that the compliments that I did receive, were a double edged sword.  Now, hear me out. On one hand, growing up that way wasn't the greatest because I have had a lifetime of self esteem issues but on the other hand, it has pushed me to always strive to do or give 125%....always pushing myself to become better than I was before.

Living your life in this manner, you aren't used to having compliments given to you in their purest form with the intention being sincerity. So the compliments that I have received are very much appreciated and touch my heart very deeply! Thank you so very much to everyone that has supported me, lifted my spirits, touched my heart, shared my tears, as well as my laughter! This not only includes the people around me but the sponsors and creators that believe in me :) Without each of you, I couldn't have done what I have done in such a short time and as I always say...."sit back and watch me fly"!




APPEARANCE:
SKIN: Lara Hurley-Ava 
SHAPE: Custom creation by Kim Rongyu
EYES: IKON Perspective Eyes
HAIR: Magika Intended
NAILS & HANDS: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands - Elegant 
LASHES: *MC* "Falsies" Eyelash
MAKEUP: **BDBA**  Silk Eye Shadow
.:: BEAUTIFUL DELUXE ::. AMANTE SMUDGE EYELINER
.:: BEAUTIFUL DELUXE ::.  Autumn Leaves Lipstick 


 OUTFIT:
LINGERIE: ~Blacklace~ Timeless w/ Applier (Purple)


 ACCESSORIES:
BRACELET: EarthStones Diamond Tennis Bracelet 
NECKLACE: EarthStones Diamond Tennis Necklace 


POSES:
*ES* Impassioned
from the *ES* Fat Pack ViewPoint

Visit my Flickr page here  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment